Monday, March 07, 2005

Arrival is so sweet

Well, we made it, and I have to say Hong Kong is generally just prettier than I expected, not as crazy or crowded, but just beautiful. We had a great night in NYC Friday night. I am grateful to Becky for her hospitality, and the lovely Mana, with Kelby, gave us a very cool tour of some of the NBC studios - Scott jumped on stage at SNL. We even got to see Sarah Rosenbvaum in Hoboken for the St Patty's Day parade, and a few beers before our flight with old friends f\was the perfect send off. Surviving the flight here wasn't so bad, just take a couple tylenol PM's and you're set. Especially when they're serving Chivas on the rocks aged 12 years. The stewardesses were lovely, but the food was disgraceful. I expected more from Cathay!
Our hostel is ridiculous for the price - thank you Moshe for the recommendation, it sits atop Mt Davis with a sick view of the city and surrounding islands. I'll write again soon after we finish wandering around the city for a couple days. Tonight I'm excited for Victoria peak.

No comments: